BRENTWOOD, Tenn., June 3, 2019 – It was another clean sweep for players wearing cleated footwear on professional tours across the world over the weekend. The winners in every event chose to wear footwear featuring replaceable cleat technology over spikeless tennis shoes.
“It’s always a nice affirmation of the value of our cleats when someone wins at the highest level,” said John Hohman, senior vice president of marketing for PrideSports®. “But it’s even more gratifying when ALL of the winners choose to wear cleats. This was a great weekend for us and our products and just adds further credibility to the importance of traction and stability in golf.”
Winners this week included:
- The Memorial (PGA TOUR) – FootJoy® Dryjoy shoes with Softspikes® Cyclone Tour Lock® cleats
- Women’s US Open Championship – Nike® Lunar shoes with Champ® Pivix® cleats
- Rex Hospital Open (Web.com Tour) – Adidas® Tour 360 shoes with THiNTech PINS cleats
- Principal Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions) – FootJoy Fury shoes with Softspikes® Pulsar® cleats
- Belgium Knockout (European Tour) – Nike Vapor React 2 shoes with Champ® Zarma® Tour cleats
- Bayview Place DC Bank Open (Mackenzie Tour) – Nike Vapor React 2 shoes with Champ® Zarma® Tour cleats
Replacement Softspikes® and Champ cleats can be purchased in the golf section of most large retailers, sporting goods stores, golf specialty and golf course pro shops across the country. Cleats can also be purchased online from any of these locations, your favorite online store or directly from www.golfspikes.com.
PrideSports is the undisputed leader in the golf cleat segment with its CHAMP and Softspikes brands. The company recommends golfers change their cleats every six to eight months – or even more frequently based on use – to ensure golfers get the maximum performance out of their footwear.
CHAMP’s Helix®, Zarma Tour® and Stinger® cleats, as well as Softspikes’ Pivix®, Pulsar®, Silver Tornado® and Stealth® cleats, dominate the OEM and secondary market in terms of performance and sales. More information can be found at www.champspikes.com and www.softspikes.com.
Headquartered in Brentwood, TN with offices across America, Europe and Asia, PrideSports provides traction elements and retention systems to athletic footwear manufacturers around the globe as well providing its CHAMP and Softspikes branded products to retail channels worldwide - maintaining a preeminent position within golf, soccer, baseball, football and other sports. In addition, the company provides a full line of golf accessories and is the largest producer and distributor of golf tees in the world, with brands including Pride Golf Tee®, Pride Professional Tee System® (PTS) and Zarma Fly Tee®.